Association of Catholic Mental Health Ministers Houston Chapter is an Ecumenical Ministry under the umbrella of Our Mother of Mercy Catholic Church/ Archdiocese of Galveston/Houston.
Project EGG (Evangelization Glorifying God) is a servant leader’s call to become helpers to parishioners/community with general mental health needs and a desire for faith connection as they address their wellness concern.
- Reduce stigma associated with mental health issues through awareness/information
- Encourage individuals/families living with mental illnesses to seek help and to become their own best advocates.
- Establish faith coalition dedicated to changing the culture of how parishioners/others recognize, understand and support those seeking faith-based assistance.
- Create safe places for sharing & no judgment zone
- Caring and prayer circles/ support groups & wellness activities
- Community outreach/collaboration with sister churches primarily in Northeast Houston
“The Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord look on the heart” —Samuel 16:7
Mental Health Ministry is very important to the Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC).
First, I believe we must combat the stigma associated with the need for mental health assistance in the African American community making it easier for those who need such services to reach out to mental health professionals.
Secondly, there is a need to bridge the gap of mental health services or better stated the lack of mental health services available in the BIPOC communities.
Father Rodney Armstrong, SSJ - Pastor